About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Saturday, January 7, 2012

1st Long Run (1/2 Marathon Training)

Today was my first long run on my 1/2 marathon training schedule.  It was a four mile run, and it was a slow and hot four miles!  Whew.  But, I made it through it and felt amazing afterwards.  I am pretty excited about this training program too.  Other than my 5K training I really don't have any other running experience other than when I was in my early 20s running through college.  Kind of hoping it all comes back to me and I can up my mileage over the next few months without any injury.  Looking forward to next week's long run of 5 miles, but until then...regular training resumes! :)

Happy Running Ya'll!

2 comments: