About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bring it 2012!

New Year = New Goals

Took time to re-evaluate what I want out of my running and realized while losing 23lbs last year was amazing, I really just want to keep going and not focus strictly on the weight loss.  People who do an activity just to lose weight typically don't stick with it long term and usually quit and gain the weight back... pretty much the same as people who are "dieters" always on a diet and restricting their foods tend to go off of it and go overboard.  So, basically I want this to be a lifetime change... better eating and more exercise.

So there is my resolution:
1. Eat Cleanly
2. Exercise regularly...RUN RUN RUN & the weights :)
3. Allow myself to enjoy a splurge here and there.

This new year-week started my training for my first 1/2 marathon ever!!!  I am stoked and can't wait for it.  I am officially registered and everything and March 10th will get here before I know it.  I am completely excited and totally nervous all at once.  I am going to have to start increasing my weekly long run mileage from about 6-7 miles to around 9-10.  I also need to work on having stronger tempo runs, fartleks & add more speedwork.  So, here we go, getting off to a fast, fit & fabulous 2012.

The biggest thank you to the most supporting, encouraging and understanding man ever.... Damien Sykes, you keep me inspired to go farther and dream bigger.  :)

Also want to give a big thank you to my running friends that totally inspire me to reach farther, push my limits and believe in my own strength...  Thank you Sarah Wells, Jamie Sandefer, Aaron Goldin, Mandy Knight-Goldin, Teri Bayless-Hawthorne, Amber Kay Landry, Rachael Daniels, Becca Butler & Jeremy Hunt!  Hope you all have a very strong running year.

For any non-runner or beginner who hasn't worked out in awhile or ever, it is never too late and running is a natural thing you were born to do. You can do it and the running community is so supportive.  If you need any info or help getting started, don't hesitate to contact me!

Happy New Year & Happy Running everybody!!  Lets all reach our goals together.

3 comments:

  1. You're so sweet! You motivate me just as much girl! I love that we have this in common and we're striving to be better b/c of it! It's going to be a great year for running and I believe that not only our habits will change, but also our waist lines!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we have this in common too! It's really awesome how one sport can bring people together and spark a friendship! :) I think we will have an awesome running year and I am totally for changing my waistline in the process! haha Happy Running Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....I just read this...that is so sweet of u to mention my name!! I have enjoyed watching your journey and cannot wait to stand with u at the starting line of the gusher!!!

    ReplyDelete