About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Friday, January 27, 2012

Gusher 1/2 Marathon Training Schedule

So, I am having such a hard time remembering to get on here and blog and keep everybody updated on my 1/2 marathon training schedule!!!!!  But, first things first, my fabulously amazing husband, just signed up yesterday to run the Gusher 5K while I will complete the 1/2 marathon!  I am so very excited :)  I can't wait to share my running experiences with him and hopefully he will get hooked on it too.  It's just such a healthy habit to get involved in long term.  Running, for me, is a lifestyle.  It's what I do, I run.  It is what I will always do and hopefully my future family...children...will want to do it too.  I feel like my husband being involved a little will help make it a family lifestyle.

Now as far as training goes, here is a link to my actual 1/2 marathon training schedule:

Marathon Rookie 1/2 Marathon Training Schedule

I am on week 4 now and so far so good.  I have completed two 6 mile runs and feel great.  One of my good friends is training with this schedule and I cant wait to race with her that day!  She is rocking out her training too and helping to keep me motivated.  Thank you Sarah Wells :)

As far as training goes, I am feeling great and getting prepared.  I am also trying my best to eat more cleanly and eliminate bad foods from my diet.  I am starting to feel more energized, and better everyday.  Nutritious eating truly does make a difference.  Hope all of this makes sense.  If anyone has any questions about running, feel free to ask!  Happy Running Everybody!!



No comments:

Post a Comment