About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Monday, October 10, 2011

C25K: Week 6 Day 1

So, I finally got back on track today after taking over a week off for an anniversary trip to Galveston with the best husband ever and then another short trip to Houston to visit my sister in law and her family.  The week was so much fun and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Great memories and good food :) lol... but I will tell you that it made a HUGE difference in my workout today.  I began week 6 of C25K today and my first long run was only an 8 minute interval and I felt great, but as soon as I started my 3 minute walk interval my legs felt extremely tight and heavy... almost like lead.  The rest of my run intervals... 5 & 8 minutes were really tough because my legs felt so weird, and I did stretch beforehand.  I'm hoping the rest of the week's training goes a little better.  I can definitely see how a week off from running makes it harder when you start back.  Next time I'm packing my running shoes and sports bra and hitting the seawall or hotel gym even if it's only for a 20 minute run.

The weight training went a little better than the run but it also felt harder after taking a week off.  I am feeling better after my workout though.  I always regret when I skip a workout but never regret it after I complete one.... even if I hate myself the whole time lol  Anyway, that was just a quick update...  Hoping I can figure out a way to prevent my legs from freaking out again....  Any tips?  Have a great week folks... and happy running :)

No comments:

Post a Comment