About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Monday, October 24, 2011

C25K: Week 7 Day 3 AND Week 8 Day 1

 Well last Thursday, I went with my sister Kelli to the Primary school track to run.  I did week 7 day 3 of C25K outside because it is just so beautiful now and the weather has been all sorts of amazing!  Lets just say after predominately using the treadmill to train, running outside is much more difficult.  My entire body was sore afterwards, but it was so much better not starting at a wall or tv for the entire run also.  I need to start road running more often than using the treadmill to get used to it and adapt more for my upcoming races.

Today was week 8 day 1 and I completed my run at the gym because I wanted to work out with my hubby since we don't get to very often with his shift work schedule.  It was a good run.  A little more difficult because I haven't run in 3 days because of all the bachelorette hoopla this past weekend for my sister!  My runs are also getting longer now too.  It's a 5 minute warm up, 28 minutes consecutive running and then a 5 minute cool down.  Next week is my last week of couch to 5K training then I will be moving on to 1/2 marathon training!!!  I am so excited and nervous about this!  New challenges to come :)  Hoping to be ready for the Gusher 1/2 in the spring!

I have also gotten back on track with my nutrition and eating habits now too.... excluding the bachelorette weekend of course!  All I ate was crap food and drinks all weekend but today was a good eating day...  Whole wheat bagel & non fat cream cheese, low fat chocolate milk post work out recovery drink and lots of fruits and veggies.  Plus dinner was honey jalapeno smoked chicken wraps (whole wheat tortillas) with jalapeno ranch and steamed broccoli.  Even Damien enjoyed it and he is a PICKY eater!!   Hoping to make this week a great workout and eating week!  Happy running everybody...


Dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment