About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Friday, October 28, 2011

C25K Week 8 Day 3

Just finished day 3 of week 8 this evening and I am stoked!!  I can't believe that next week is my final week on the couch to 5K program....  These past couple of months have gone by so fast.  I will be running 30 minutes straight next week and able to run an actual 5K!  How exciting is that?  Next up on my list is 1/2 marathon training for the spring, then I'll try my hand, err, legs at marathon training for next year. lol  I can say I am a runner now and that i really enjoy it!  I never thought I would be back at this point again after stopping running a couple years ago.  I am really happy that I stuck it out even in the beginning when it hurt so bad and all I wanted to do was quit.  The pain and aches are definitely worth it now.  It's so weird to go from huffing and puffing and feeling like I would pass out to being able to run 3 miles straight and talk while I do it.  Running is definitely a selfish sport because it's time for yourself... just you and your thoughts, but I figure, it's healthy "me time" and makes me a better person to be around.  I am a definite advocate for the C25K program especially for beginners, non-runners & people who are out of shape.  Lets tackle this last week!!  Happy running everybody! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment