About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Monday, October 17, 2011

C25K: Week 7 Day 1

We've moved on to week 7 of Couch to 5K and today was day 1!!  I feel great... energized :)  This entire week's training program consists of a 5 minute walking warm-up followed by 25 consecutive minutes of running and finally finishing up with 5 minutes of walking as the cool-down.  I never thought I would be able to run for 25 minutes without a break, but now I look forward to it.  I can't wait for the next few weeks to add more running time and cover more distance.  I am really hoping to be ready to run the Gusher 1/2 marathon in the spring with my girlfriends.  Talk about some fun to be had! :)  There are 9 weeks in the C25K training program, so I have almost completed it and then I will move on to 1/2 marathon training.  I can NOT wait!


Strength training is also going well.  My legs are ripped and so cut!  I am truly excited about this because I love muscular legs.  I am pretty sure it's because between the weights and the running they don't have a chance to stop moving and training.  My arms are getting more toned too, but they aren't where I would like them to be yet.  I don't want bulk extra crazy muscle man arm's like Madonna lol... more along the lines of sleek lean muscle like Jennifer Garner or Jenny McCarthy.  Well, just a few  more weeks, then onto 1/2 marathon training!!! exciting!  Thanks for all of the support along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment