About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Friday, August 19, 2011

C25K: Week 1 Day 3

Quick update...  Today was Week 1 Day 3 of my C25K program and I am starting to feel a little more comfortable with it...  which I am sure means next week will be even harder and make me push myself a little further.  Ask me Monday if I regret saying it's starting to feel easier and I'm not as sore lol.  Anyway, today I tried the treadmill again because I was waiting on someone to come by the house and I didn't want to be out of pocket.  I still like being outdoors more.  It's more natural to me to be surrounded by nature instead of being stuck in a room on a treadmill.  But hey...  the treadmill has it's perks... I didn't have to skip my workout completely!  Anyway, I can tell my legs are stronger already and I can't wait to see how this program changes my mindset as well as my body and makes me a stronger person overall.  I'm sure by the time I am ready to run a 5K, I will be completely addicted again and will just want to shoot for a 10K the next go around, then a 1/2 marathon and of course eventually a marathon.  I'm starting to enjoy the comfort of a daily running routine.  I may hurt the entire time right now, but afterwards, I feel like a million bucks.  The only thing that I am not fond of about this program is the fact it's only a 3 day a week training program.  I am just filling in the other days with some strength training and a mile or two of intervals.  I think I will end up doing the program more than the 3 days a week it calls for.  So, to all of my fellow runners out there... what can I expect out of a real 5K.... I am nervous and excited to sign up for my first one in the next several months....

No comments:

Post a Comment