About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

C25K: Week 2 Day 2

Week 2 Day 2 of C25K was amazing!!  My endurance is getting so much better already...  at the end of the workout I still wanted to keep going.  I didn't feel winded or tired.  All I felt was energized and calm.  I swear running is my version of therapy.  My workouts go by so fast because it's just me, my iPod and my run and I zone out, clear my mind and just run.  There is nothing else that matters at that point in time and the workout just flies by.  Can't wait for day 3 on Friday but I am totally excited about starting week 3 next week and building my endurance up even more.

I also weight trained my arms today.  Truth is my upper body strength and tone is way worse than my lower body.  I have never enjoyed weight training my upper body but I know I need to do this to be the best runner I can be.  I need strength throughout my body not just my lower half.  So I did triceps extensions, lateral pulldowns, bicep curls, flys, and chest presses.  I didn't use much weight.... 20 lbs but did more reps... 3 sets of 10 of each.

I am loving my new issue of Runner's World Magazine right now too:

The new Simply Jif Peanut Butter is amazing... low sugar and low sodium.  I am loving Peanut Butter and Banana sandwiches as post workout/recovery fuel.

Running is real and relatively simple — but it ain’t easy.
~~Mark Will-Weber~~

No comments:

Post a Comment