About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Friday, August 26, 2011

C25K: Week 2 Day 3

Today was Week 2 Day 3 of Couch to 5K.  I completed my run at the gym today on the treadmill... it's just too hot to run outside during the day right now.  I was starting to feel like my runs were becoming too easy so I opted to increase my running interval speed by 0.5 mph today to see if it made any difference.  Boy it did!!  The run was not nearly as easy and I felt challenged again.  I am looking forward to next week when the run times increase from 1.5 minutes to 3 minutes at a time.  I am also upping my incline on the treadmill to 3% to increase my strength and have a little more resistance training.

I also weight trained again today.  I did upper and lower body training.  Upper body training consisted of bicep curls, tricep extensions, lateral pulldowns, flys, and chest presses.  My lower body weight training was hip abduction/adduction, leg presses, leg curls/extensions, and leg/glute press.  After my session, I sat in the sauna for about 15 mins and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I can tell a definite difference in how sore my muscles get when I use the sauna verses when I skip it.  The few minutes I spend in there really help prevent aches and soreness.  Looking forward to next weeks  C25K!!

This is my new favorite dessert....  It's only 160 Calories and feels more like a splurge than just eating plain fruit (especially since I eat so much fruit everyday!) They have these in apple-cinnamon and apple-pear crisp flavors at Kroger for about $2.50!


No comments:

Post a Comment