About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

C25K: Week 9 Day 1

Day 1 of week 9 (the last week) of C25K was today and it's bittersweet...  I'm excited that I have almost reached my goal of completing this running program, but sad that it's almost over.  After this week, I will be moving on to half marathon training and am pretty nervous!  Today was a 5 minute warm up, 30 minutes consecutive running followed by a 5 minute cool down.  At the end of the run, I felt amazing and like I could keep going.  So, I left the treadmill and headed to the park with my sister (who started C25K today!) to run some more.  Tomorrow is a weight training day for me at the gym...  I am convinced that this is helping to strengthen my body and prevent running injuries.

As far as new food ideas, I finally put my Magic Bullet to good use and made the most delicious green smoothie ever!  I have noticed after longer runs, I am not in the mood to eat big meals, so this helps me get more fruits and veggies in my diet because even if i'm not hungry I can gulp it down real fast lol.  Here's the recipe:

1/2 C. 100% Carrot Juice
1 Kiwi, sliced
1/2 Banana (I like it frozen because the smoothie is colder)
1/2 Granny Smith Apple, Sliced
1 C. Fresh Spinach

Blend until smooth!!  I love how much fruit and veggies are in 1 glass of a "made at home" smoothie... so much better than the ones you buy somewhere that are just full of sugars and fruit juices which are basically just sugars.  You can also add a little vanilla yogurt or a teaspoon of raw honey to sweeten this up a little more if you need it.

The best and most natural Carrot Juice I have found.... tastes really fresh too:

No comments:

Post a Comment