About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Monday, September 12, 2011

C25K: Week 4 Day 1

Started Week 4 of C25K today and it is definitely pushing me farther than last week.  I'm averaging an 11 minute mile run time and a 14 minute mile walk time now... so I can tell my speed is getting quicker as well as my endurance getting better.  The weight training that I have been doing has also helped me build muscle and lose fat and prevent running injuries.  This is the training schedule this week:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
  • Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Cool down for 5 minutes (walking)

It is getting more difficult each week, but I am also starting to tap into the runner's high and really enjoying every minute.  I'll be up to running 30-45 minutes straight in just a couple more weeks and that is exciting!!  The first thing I want to do when I get up is go to the gym... I am officially addicted :)  Hope you all have a very happy and healthy week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment