About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

C25K: Week 5 Day 2

Day 2 of week 5 went much better than I anticipated.  The run intervals are now at 8 minutes a piece with a walk of 3 minutes in between.  I am feeling much more confident about my running and less like I "need" the walks to recover.  I can definitely see how this training program works and builds up endurance and strength.  Even after each of the running segments, I felt like I could still keep going.  I am not feeling as exhausted after my workouts either.  I am really starting to enjoy it.  Plus now that the runs are longer than 3-5 minutes, I am actually starting to feel a little bit more of the "runner's high" which I completely love!  My strength training is also going well.  I am wishing my arms would get toned up more quickly, but it'll all happen in good time.  My legs are solid muscle now and i LOVE that... they don't jiggle at all anymore lol... not even my inner thighs.  I am seriously excited about this.  Well, on to day 3 on Friday!  Wish me luck :)  Thanks for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment