About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Thursday, November 10, 2011

B210K Week 1 Day 1

Today was my very first day of my new running program Bridge to 10K.  Week 1 Day 1 consisted of a 5 minute warm up walk followed by a 10 minute run interval and 1 minute walk interval (repeated 4 times) and finished up with a 5 minute cool down.  This was definitely more challenging than Couch to 5K was...  In total, I ran 50 minutes almost straight because 1 minute walk intervals go by extremely fast! Each week gets progressively longer just like the C25K program did.  The workouts vary from 50-75 minutes per day 3 days a week and you cross train or weight lift on the other other days and have 2 days of rest.  So basically Monday, Wednesday & Friday are my run days with Tuesdays and Thursdays reserved for weight training and I'll take weekends off for now.  Today is Wednesday so I will do day 2 and 3 on Thursday and Friday this week since I started late.  B210K is only 6 weeks long and culminates with running a 10K (6.2 miles).

Once B210K is finished, I will be doing the Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon training program which lasts 12 weeks and will finish the week of The Gusher Marathon with race day on that Saturday!  The timing worked out perfectly!  I can't be more excited about that.  I am really happy that I found a park with a beautiful trail that I really love to run.  It beats the treadmill any day... and helps me adjust to wind resistance and uneven paths.  After finishing 5K training last week, (9 weeks long) I had lost a total of 23 pounds and gains a ton of muscle tone!  I am looking forward to seeing how my body changes over the next 6 weeks of 10K training.

I am posting a picture of the delicious green smoothie that I posted the recipe for a couple blogs ago... so good and so healthy!


Here is another delicious post run healthy smoothie recipe that I tried today!  It's especially good for morning runs and an extra energy boost!  Here's the recipe, enjoy:

Crunchy Coffee Smoothie


4 ounces chilled coffee 
4 ounces fat-free milk 
1 banana (preferably frozen), sliced 
2 tablespoons whole almonds 
2 teaspoons natural cocoa powder


(161 calories, 23 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein, and 8 g fat.)


Happy Running ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment