About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

B210K Week 1 Day 2

I completed week 1 day 2 of B210K yesterday but apparently I was too lazy to write the blog for it until today...  The workout consisted of a 5 minute warm up walk, 10 minute run with a 1 minute walk interval (repeat 4 more times) and finished up with a 5 minute cool down.  So it was another workout with a lot of runs!  I am really enjoying pushing my limit and pushing past the pain.  As soon as it's over, I know it was totally worth it.  I feel energized and happy.  The aches and pains are just part of running but it's never a let down... it's always worth it in the end.

Today, Tuesday, was just a weight training day for me because the weather was so bad.  I went to the gym to train and I just can't bring myself to run for a solid hour on a treadmill now that I am used to running outside in parks.  It's just too boring and I get way too stir crazy.  If it was only a 30 minute run, I could grit and bear the treadmill, but not a whole hour.  The weight training went well.  I have increased my weights for upper body by 10 pounds and my legs are insanely strong as always.  I love how weight training is helping prevent normal running injuries that happen.  I'm hoping to prevent as many as possible for as long as possible.  

This is a new product I have started using and LOVE!  I am not a huge fan of butter to start with, but I do like it on fresh baked rolls every once in awhile.  For the most part, I skip it though.  It's too greasy... it is right up there with fried food for me... just not a fan, never have been.  Always have and will order grilled chicken over fried.  But whenever I want a little butter... this is what I will use now!  It's made with olive oil and has way less saturated fat than the other real stuff lol.  Just wanted to pass it along!


2 comments:

  1. The spray version of that butter is awesome too! :) You're doing great! :) Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I will have to try it... I might like that better since it's not as thick as butter... Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete