About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Thursday, November 17, 2011

B210K Week 2 Day 1

Holy Moly week 2 day 1 was much harder than week 1 workouts.  The workout consisted of 5 minute warm up walk, followed by 15 minute run intervals with 1 minute walks between each one (3 in total) and finished up with a 5 minute cool down.  The jump from 10 minute intervals to 15 minutes consecutive running was definitely challenging but at the end I felt even better than last week.  This week has basically added 15 minutes of running to my preexisting running routine.

I am loving all the new challenges as well as the changes I see in my body and my mind.  I am starting to feel like I can do whatever comes up next in the training and actually feel athletic.  My legs have more muscles than ever and even when I'm relaxed they are very prominent.... that's a huge motivator! lol  The rest of my body is falling into place too, even though it's taking longer, I know it will be worth every single sweat filled moment once I am where I want to be.  Plus the thought of finishing a marathon and crossing that finish line makes me even more ready to push my limits and my boundaries.  I can't wait until the day that I can call myself a marathoner.  Very few people even try to do one, much less accomplish it.  I just want to be in that group of people who know that running really is worth all the pain, sweat, blisters and challenges.

I am ready to get back to the gym for weights soon too... I have only been once this week for strength training and I feel like a total slacker in that department!  But.... my arms are finally starting to have some definition in them and my upper body is getting stronger.  I increased the weights by 10lbs Tuesday and plan to increase them again next week.  Time to step it up and get back in gear....  Hope everybody is having a wonderful week.

This is my new pair of Asics GT2160s (Blue, White and Grey) that are so supportive yet feel like you're running on a cloud!  Lightweight, supportive and so comfy...can't ask for more in a good running shoe.  Check out the reviews!!   My husband definitely knows the things that make me happy lol  Thank you D! :)

voted best in the world! in LOVE with them

Now if I can just get this cute pink and black pair, I'll be set! :) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment