About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

B210K Week 2 Day 3

First things first... I signed up for my very first race today and am so excited and a little bit nervous because I have no idea what to expect and I am running it alone!!  Yikes!  It's the Sea Rim Striders 21st annual Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day morning!  Here's my 1st racing bib and technical t-shirt :)



Today I completed B210K week 2 day 3 after a total downpour and cool front came through.  The rain was finally over when I ventured out around 4:00, and it was cool and breezy... a nice day for a run in the park.  I am definitely addicted to the runner's high.  I am getting a little nervous about next week with the time/distance increase, but I'm sure I'll handle it better than I think.

I finally was able to get into the doctor yesterday to have my wrist looked at.  It has been bothering me for a week.  Really sore and achy and then after I weight lifted last Thursday it was sharp pains all through my thumb and wrist.  My dr was closed Friday so I just sucked it up and toughed it out through the weekend with the help of an ace bandage, extra strength bengay and a big bottle of Advil.  Found out it's tendonitis + a torn ligament... OUCH!  But it should start getting better now that I have this beautiful contraption.....  I miss weight lifting already.



Happy running ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment