About Me

My photo
"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Nike

Friday, November 4, 2011

My LAST C25K Workout!!! (Week 9 Day 3)

I can NOT believe today is the last day of my Couch to 5K running program, but it is... it is over, I finished it!  I feel a little sad, a lot happy, overjoyed, excited, amazed and so proud of finishing the 9 weeks and bettering my health.  I also feel excited, antsy, nervous and ready to start my Bridge to 10K running program next week!  I can't wait for the new challenge which will last 6 weeks and then 1/2 marathon training will be for 12 weeks followed by The Gusher 1/2 Marathon race this spring!  All I can imagine are new and even better, more fit and healthy changes to my life and lifestyle.

As far as C25K goes, it is the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself.  This gave me a healthy way to get in shape and healthy physically and mentally.  It truly does become a way to meditate, zone out or de-stress.  It also makes you want to eat healthier....  It made me crave fruits, veggies and whole grains and I firmly believe it's because it's what your body need for fuel to run.  I can't imagine not running and hope to be able to do so injury free for many years to come.  Hopefully this will be my healthy example for my future children and something we can eventually do together and bond over.

For anyone considering an exercise program or change, I would definitely say do this.... other than a good pair of shoes, it's free and you can run anywhere, anytime.  What's better than that?  A healthy and affordable exercise program!  Thanks for all the support throughout this journey.  Now, on to the 10K!!  Bring it!

Happy Running everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment